Friday, April 11, 2014

"Fire Escape Melodies" by Caroline Kellogg (Flash Fiction)

Genre:  Narrative Fiction

Type of Short Story:  Flash Fiction

Complete Story:

I forget what that woman looked like--

Blonde
Brunette?
Brown eyes
Blue?

but I have not forgotten the look she gave me -- a look like magic.

A cigarette dangled precariously from the corner of your mouth -- I snatched it away to smoke it myself as I watched the city turn around trying to find from where your voice wafted. No one thought to look up . . . Except for her.

As she pulled her bike onto the sidewalk beneath us, her gaze met mine through the bars of the fire escape -- and like she was fully aware of all the love we were in, she smiled at me, as you, unaware, strummed your guitar furiously.
Read more by this author here.

No comments:

Post a Comment